The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011. It is a sum of money the school receives for each student who is either in receipt of Free School Meals (FSM) or who have been in receipt of them in the past 6 years. We also receive money to support students from service families and those who are looked after outside of their families.
The Department for Education recommends that a Pupil Premium Strategy covers a period of 3 years. Our Pupil Premium Strategy Statement is available below.
Pupil Premium STRATEGY Information
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Am I eligible for Free School Meals?
You may be eligible for free school meals if you receive:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income based - not contribution based)
- Child Tax Credit, but not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) does not exceed £16,190
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- The "Guaranteed Element" of Pension Credit
Families need to apply directly to South Glos Council as they:
- give the latest advice and guidance on eligibility
- check benefit criteria
- confirm whether your family qualifies
- notify the school(s)
You can complete the application form on-line at www.southglos.gov.uk/advice-and-benefits/benefits/free-school-meals. If you would like a paper copy of the application form you can telephone the Children & Young People Information Service on 01454 868008.
For every child that is entitled to free school meals the school receives extra funding to enhance our provision so please apply even if you do not wish to take up your free school meal. If you would like any support completing your application form please do not hesitate to contact us.