Welcome to Downend 6th Form Centre
Facing the future with confidence
It is my great pleasure to welcome you to the Downend 6th Form Centre. It is our belief that this is one of the most important time in your academic career and should be a successful and enjoyable experience. This is certainly the case for students as Downend 6th Form as we have one of the largest, vibrant and successful 6th Form Centres in the South Gloucestershire and Bristol areas.
Our reputation for providing students with a nurturing, academically challenging environment for our students has grown over many year. The structure and support that we offer has been praised by students, parents and Ofsted. This support allows you to flourish and develop independent learning skills with a sense of responsibility that enable you to be successful in your chosen careers, training, or university course. As with all 6th Form Centres we place great emphasis on academic achievement, but also encourage you to broaden your experiences by involving yourself in the community and to enjoy learning in its broadest context. We have a nationally recognised volunteering programme that promotes consideration and understanding and empowers you to effect change in society in people’s lives. Our aim is to provide a wide range of courses and new experiences through conferences and university opportunities to further your ambitions in the next stage of your career.
It is our hope that all our students develop as confident individuals with the skills and vision to lead fulfilling adult lives. We take great pride in your success and want to ensure that you will enjoy your 6th Form experience and succeed in fulfilling your potential with us. Downend 6th Form students are motivated and articulate and, as our ambassadors, are always willing to talk to you about their experiences.
Our aims in providing first class education for our 6th Form students are:
- To encourage high academic standards and to enable each student to achieve his/her full potential.
- To encourage and maintain personal high standards and expectations in work, conduct and presentation and to foster an acceptance of individual responsibility in this respect.
- To place every student on a programme of study appropriate to his/her ability and needs.
- To provide all necessary guidance with regard to entry to Universities, Colleges of Higher Education, training or employment.
- To create a business-like ethos that underpins all aspects of 6th Form life.
- To encourage every student to take a full and active part in the life of the school and to contribute to its continued success.
If you would like to arrange a visit, then please contact the school. We look forward to working with you.
Head of 6th Form