The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 and is allocated to schools to work with pupils who have been registered for free school meals at any point within the last six years. (Ever 6 FSM)
Schools also receive funding for children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months, and children of service personnel.
Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up
The literacy and numeracy catch-up premium gives state-funded schools additional funding to support year 7 pupils who did not achieve the expected standard in reading or maths at the end of key stage 2 (KS2).
At Downend School we have a combined Vulnerable Groups plan. This plan covers provision for students who are eligible for Pupil Premium funding or catch up funding. Please see below for the current plan.
2019/20 Pupil Premium Information
Pupil Premium Information from previous years
- Literacy and Numeracy Catch up Review 17 18
- Pupil Premium Plan Overview 1718
- Pupil Premium Plan Results and Review 1718
- Pupil Premium Plan Review 201819
- Pupil Premium Plan Spending Plan 1718
- Vulnerable Groups Plan 201819 PP LitNum 2